Official JAXX Liberty appimage not launching ?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Liriz
Level 2
Level 2

Official JAXX Liberty appimage not launching ?

Post by Liriz »

Hello,

I am on LM 20 and I thought I could launch the appimage given by the JAXX Liberty site: https://www.jaxx.io/downloads
But it does not mount. However, it is UBUNTU / DEBIAN compatible.
Do you know how to do it ?

Thanks for your help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Official JAXX Liberty appimage not launching ?

Post by Hoser Rob »

Did you make it executable? That's necessary for appimages. If not, what I dop is use the file manager to go to the folder the appimage is located and then right click in that folder. The popup menu should say "open in terminal" or something similar, this will open the terminal in that folder. That way you don;t have to mess around with the terminal directory nav commands.

Then run this in the terminal:

Code: Select all

chmod a+x Program.AppImage
where Program.AppImage is substituted by the actual filename. Then you can run it.

If you had made it executable do a checksum of the appimage file, the checksum number is on their dl page.

I did notice that they said it was compatible with Ubuntu 12.04 and later, which tells me they haven't been spending a lot of time on the Linux version. You may want to contact their support site if none of this works.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
Liriz
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Liriz »

Thanks Hoser Rob that's exactly it. :)
I forgot to make the appimage executable.
It works now, thanks.

Besides, since you're talking about it, how do you do a file checksum with Nemo ?
The option is enabled in its settings but I don't know how to do the verification on a file.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

Liriz wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:21 pm ...how do you do a file checksum with Nemo ?
The option is enabled in its settings but I don't know how to do the verification on a file.
Don't use Nemo, I use the terminal for that.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
Liriz
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Liriz »

Yes, but it is less practical.
I would have liked an addon that offers it through the context menu with a single click.
BenTrabetere
Level 7
Level 7

Post by BenTrabetere »

Liriz wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:46 pm Yes, but it is less practical.
I would have liked an addon that offers it through the context menu with a single click.
The nemo-gtkhash extension should give you that function ... some of the time. It works on ISOs, but it not AppImages or .DEBs. More useful, IMO, is the nemo-terminal extension.
Patreon sponsor since August 2022
Liriz
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Liriz »

Thank you BenTrabetere,
I will look at it.

Return to “Software & Applications”