Address bar font in Chromium is tiny. Can I make it bigger?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
James_Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Address bar font in Chromium is tiny. Can I make it bigger?

Post by James_Smith »

The title says it all: I want to be able to see the address bar fonts better. I figured out how to do it in Firefox but no luck so far with Chromium.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
I have been using Linux for years and I am still a newbie
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Address bar font in Chromium is tiny. Can I make it bigger?

Post by xenopeek »

AFAIK you can't directly configure that. Check your font settings if you have changed your system fonts to something other. Chromium can't handle some fonts well and will show text small. If you're on a HiDPI display increase the text size in fonts or toggle HiDPI in display settings. How/what/where depends on your Linux Mint version and desktop enviroment. For better answers include such information with questions.
James_Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Address bar font in Chromium is tiny. Can I make it bigger?

Post by James_Smith »

xenopeek wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:10 am AFAIK you can't directly configure that. Check your font settings if you have changed your system fonts to something other. Chromium can't handle some fonts well and will show text small. If you're on a HiDPI display increase the text size in fonts or toggle HiDPI in display settings. How/what/where depends on your Linux Mint version and desktop enviroment. For better answers include such information with questions.
Thank you. Yes, I am on a HiDPI display. I think you are right and that it cannot be changed. I will play around with the font settings and get it to where it's easy on my old eyes.
I have been using Linux for years and I am still a newbie

Return to “Software & Applications”