Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
bugreprt
Level 1
Level 1

RawTherapee build

Post by bugreprt »

Hi. I installed RawTherapee using the build instructions on their site. All went perfectly and the application started from the command line. I wanted it to start from the menu so I created a .desktop file in ~/.local/share/applications. This also worked fine but when I added it to the panel, it behaves differently to the other apps in the "Grouped Window List". Instead of changing the icon look to indicate the app is running, it places a second icon in the panel. How do I get it to behave like all the other apps in the GWL???
I2k4
Level 5
Level 5

Re: RawTherapee build

Post by I2k4 »

You might have a reason for installing that way. I've always used the dhor/myway PPA. It behaves normally and version updates appear in the Update Manager:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dhor/myway
sudo apt update
sudo apt install rawtherapee

(The PPA provides a lot of other good photo software, including the new RT spin "ART".)

https://launchpad.net/~dhor/+archive/ubuntu/myway
TRUST BUT VERIFY any advice from anybody, including me. Mint/Ubuntu user since 10.04 LTS. LM20 64 bit XFCE (Dell 1520). Dual booting LM20 XFCE / Win7 (Lenovo desktop and Acer netbook).
bugreprt
Level 1
Level 1

Post by bugreprt »

Thanks I2k4 but nope, installing from the PPA still behaves differently. When running the app, a new icon appears on the panel instead of highlighting the existing panel icon in the GWL. All the other GWL icons behave as expected and change the icon look to indicate the app is running!
I2k4
Level 5
Level 5

Post by I2k4 »

Sorry, misunderstood. I don't use GWL in the panel, not sure if XFCE has it.
TRUST BUT VERIFY any advice from anybody, including me. Mint/Ubuntu user since 10.04 LTS. LM20 64 bit XFCE (Dell 1520). Dual booting LM20 XFCE / Win7 (Lenovo desktop and Acer netbook).

Return to “Software & Applications”