Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Red Squirrel
Level 4
Level 4

Copy/paste sometimes does not take

Post by Red Squirrel »

I've had this issue through a couple distros now... I clean installed for other reasons including that, but the issue always seems to resurface.

Basically, once in a while when I copy and paste something, it does not take. It will either paste nothing, or paste something old. It's really hit and miss but it seems to mostly do it with text. Like if I copy a bunch of URLs one by one that I want to post in a forum such as pictures from a gallery that are in another tab, when I go to submit the post, half the pictures will be the same, because it will turn out that my copy/pasting was not working each time. It's really annoying.

I had it happen in Kubuntu (it was actually worse there, it got to a point where it basically ceased to work completely) and now in Mint Cinnamon. It was also doing it in my older install of Mint before I went Kubuntu. I really don't know what would cause this but the problem seems to be following me.

Any clues as to where I can begin to troubleshoot that?
mikeflan
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Copy/paste sometimes does not take

Post by mikeflan »

I have this problem to some extent too, but almost never from a regular text file. I get the problem when copying from other applications, especially Libre Calc and maybe Thunderbird.

I just did some testing and at the moment it seems to be working perfectly.
Flemur
Level 18
Level 18

Post by Flemur »

It sounds like a problem with your mouse or keyboard.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
Red Squirrel
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Red Squirrel »

Why would it only affect copy and paste though? It's like if there is a buffer and now and then paste decides to past something that is old. I've had it where it pastes a random password too from a day ago. It's a bit alarming that it seems to not clear the buffer when you copy something new.

Return to “Software & Applications”