Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
GrannyPenguin60
Level 1
Level 1

DVDStyler menu and videos pixelated

Post by GrannyPenguin60 »

64bit Cinnamon

Ok, DVDStyler works really well if I do one or two short clips.

But if I do three or more, the preview for the clips is pixelated (fuzzy, blocks of pixels the wrong color) as are parts of the clips themselves.

It isn't just when I burn it to an actual DVD. Even just watching the vob or iso on my laptop, I get the same problem.
kato181
Level 5
Level 5

Re: DVDStyler menu and videos pixelated

Post by kato181 »

So, tell the rest of us what is your actual question???
Please read the Forum Rules before posting, they will tell you what to do when asking for assistance.
jamiemint
Level 3
Level 3

Post by jamiemint »

Hi GrannyPenguin60,
That sounds very annoying and wasteful, not to mention very clearly a problem. I only use Brasero to burn my DVDs. It is probably not as full-featured as DVDStyler. Unfortunately, I am not on a Mint computer at this moment, so I can't look up what alternatives are available to you. I did find this site which lists some alternatives: https://alternativeto.net/software/dvdstyler/. This sounds like it could be a memory or disk space issue, so make sure you have enough memory, including swap space and free disk space. Alternatively, if there is a setting for it, try to burn at a slower speed.

Jamie
Hoser Rob
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Hoser Rob »

kato181 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:14 pm
So, tell the rest of us what is your actual question???
??? It's actually pretty obvious.
Larry78723
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Larry78723 »

So where's the system info? Please post an inxi -Fxxxz report. This will give us a concise overview of your hardware and on how Mint sees it.

Here is how to generate the report and post it:
Open a terminal window (Ctrl-Alt-t). Make it fullscreen to avoid unneeded linebreaks or chopped lines. Execute the command

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxxxz 
exactly as it has been typed here.

Mark the complete text output which the command will display with your mouse.
Press the keyboard shortcut <Shift><Ctrl>C to copy the marked text into the clipboard.
Enclose the results between the code markers by selecting </> from the mini toolbar above the textbox where you type your reply then paste <Ctrl>V them in your reply between the code markers.

The results will help us to help you.

Larry
Hoser Rob
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Hoser Rob »

GrannyPenguin60 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:48 am
... DVDStyler works really well if I do one or two short clips.

But if I do three or more, the preview for the clips is pixelated (fuzzy, blocks of pixels the wrong color) as are parts of the clips themselves.....
I haven't used dvdstyler for some time but there really aren't any programs like this that are really all that great, even for WIndows.

There don't seem to be all that many encoding options for video. If it defaults to one pass bit rate mode you're going to get pixelation, especially on fastr moving scenes/transitions.

Have a look at this: https://sourceforge.net/p/dvdstyler/dis ... 8683/#04b1

Return to “Software & Applications”