Can Nemo see/open files in Dolphin? (Solved)

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Armstrong
Level 3
Level 3

Can Nemo see/open files in Dolphin? (Solved)

Post by Armstrong »

I have been migrating my files from my old laptop (Linux Mint 18.3 KDE) to my new laptop (Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon). As a last checkup (there are never too many redundancies), I removed the hard drive from my old laptop can connected it with a SATA cable through the USB-C port to my new laptop. My intent was to do a file by file check. A slow and tedious process, but nonetheless thorough. Or, so I thought. While Nemo recognizes the drive, sees the folders on it, and even gives me the number of files it contains and the amount of free space, etc. (via "Properties"), it does not see the individual files. Is this due to some incompatibility between Nemo and Dolphin? Or, am I doing something else completely wrong? Thanks for any help!
Last edited by Armstrong on Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moem
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Can Nemo see/open files in Dolphin?

Post by Moem »

Files are files. The file manager that you use to view them with is just a tool to make them visible. Your files aren't 'in Dolphin' or 'in Nemo', they're on the harddisk.
I'm not sure why Nemo isn't showing you your files, but it has nothing to do with the fact that you used Dolphin to view them before.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Armstrong
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Can Nemo see/open files in Dolphin?

Post by Armstrong »

Thanks. It made no sense to me, but it is what it is. Presumably, they are on the drive somewhere and I just need to figure out where.

Return to “Software & Applications”