Before you post please read how to get help
JoeBingo
Level 4
Level 4

Why can't I disable System Reports?

Post by JoeBingo »

Linux Mint MATE 20.1 Ulyssa ...

When I uncheck : Control Center > Startup Applications > System Reports
I then right click on : Menu > All Applications > Administration > System Reports ... I find that "Launch when I log in" IS CHECKED !!!

When I right click and uncheck : Menu > All Applications > Administration > System Reports
I then find that : Control Center > Startup Applications > System Reports ... IS CHECKED !!!

My point is that it is IMPOSSIBLE to uncheck System Reports in BOTH the Startup Applications and the "Launch when I log in" in the right click menu of Administration > System Reports at the same time. One or the other will ALWAYS be check marked.

I found this to be true on two different computers, my desktop AND my laptop.

SOoooo ... I only want to run System Reports on demand but am a bit confused how to disable System Reports from launching/starting when I restart the computer.
linux-rox
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Why can't I disable System Reports?

Post by linux-rox »

Once you remove the app from Startup Applications and reboot, does System Reports appear in the system tray? Does it show as an open process (mintreport) in System Monitor? If neither of those things are true, simply ignore the check mark on the right-click menu.
JoeBingo
Level 4
Level 4

Post by JoeBingo »

Nope, once removed from Startup Applications and restart, System Reports does not appear in the system tray.
I don't see it in System Monitor > (All) Processes either ... at least not listed as "System Reports" or by the command "mintreport-tray" anyway.
Guess it's just an anomaly. Maybe it's a bug? ... I found a bug WOooHOoo !!! :D ... Thanks
antikythera
Level 11
Level 11

Post by antikythera »

JoeBingo wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:16 am
I found a bug WOooHOoo !!! :D ... Thanks
Your prize is a free tattoo removal
JoeBingo
Level 4
Level 4