Linux Mint Cinnamon changes its lock screen to Ubuntu's

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wheattobread

Linux Mint Cinnamon changes its lock screen to Ubuntu's

Post by wheattobread »

So I was playing with my computer to change its theme. While doing that, I/Linux Mint changes the normal background into that of Ubuntu 20, I did not know what the problem is. I have an attachment here. If you got your time, please help me out. Thanks.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IXjyZ2 ... sp=sharing
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Linux Mint Cinnamon changes its lock screen to Ubuntu's

Post by mikeflan »

I'm sorry, but I don't see the problem. You say 'background'. Which background is unexpected? Where in the video does it go bad for you (0 - 51 seconds)? Which theme did you select? I assume you could get back to your old theme and all would be good?
wheattobread

Post by wheattobread »

I'm sorry for the confusion but what I mean was the login screen. I use Mojave theme
JosephM
Level 6
Level 6

Post by JosephM »

It look like you installed gdm3 somewhere along the lines. Following the steps here should get you going in the right direction: https://itsfoss.com/switch-gdm-and-ligh ... ntu-14-04/
When I give opinions, they are my own. Not necessarily those of any other Linux Mint developer or the Linux Mint project as a whole.
wheattobread

Post by wheattobread »

Thank you for you help. I fixed it and I appreciate your kindness. :)

Return to “Software & Applications”