Chromium update fails

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
acernis
Level 1
Level 1

Chromium update fails

Post by acernis »

When updating MInt using Update Manager, the updating of the Chromium web browser fails, with the following message:

Code: Select all

E: /var/cache/apt/archives/chromium_89.0.4389.114~linuxmint1+ulyssa_amd64.deb: cannot copy extracted data
for './usr/lib/chromium/chromium' to '/usr/lib/chromium/chromium.dpkg-new': unexpected end of file or stream
I removed Chromium with Synaptic Package Manager and tried to reinstall it, and it failed, with the same message. The computer hardware on which this trouble occurs is quite old and low-powered but able to run Mint, I don't know if the problem is hardware-related or not.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Chromium update dails

Post by mikeflan »

I suggest you run the one that has a perfect 5 rating in the Software manger. I have that installed. It is ver 89.0.
On my system there is no /usr/lib/chromium/chromium/ directory, but there is a /usr/lib/chromium/chromium-browser/ directory. Probably no need to uninstall the one you were trying to install since it did not go.

Return to “Software & Applications”