Firefox script issue [solved]

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sparkydave
Level 1
Level 1

Firefox script issue [solved]

Post by sparkydave »

Running into problems with Firefox as of late, especially noticeable in Facebook. I keep getting the message "A webpage is slowing down your browser". I tried following recommendations on clearing cache and cookies, and ran the config utility to disable ipc.processHangMonitor and dom.ipc.reportProcessHangs, now it just says "A script on this page is not responding". Don't seem to have these problems on a Windows machine. Any idea what to look for? It's an Acer Aspire One 532h, Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.1.

Edit: I couldn't very well share my Facebook login, but that was the prime source of this. Running off the live media it wasn't having any problem, so I reinstalled everything. After all updates were applied I'm not seeing the warnings about scripts not responding or a page is slowing down your browser.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Firefox script issue

Post by mikeflan »

Try these remedies:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/wa ... ive-script
I don't get that error since I run Noscript.
If you still have problems share the link to the website.
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Firefox script issue

Post by Flemur »

sparkydave wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:57 pm"A script on this page is not responding".
Which page is "this page"?
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
sparkydave
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Firefox script issue [solved]

Post by sparkydave »

Thinking maybe I had Firefox running during one of the Synaptic updates, maybe it got borked trying to do an update while it was open. Anyway, seems to be fixed now after reinstalling Mint.
Schultz
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Firefox script issue [solved]

Post by Schultz »

Creating a new Firefox profile would have been a less drastic way of (potentially) solving the problem.

Return to “Software & Applications”