How to place shortcut to Favorites in home folder

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
JezekiljMonk
Level 3
Level 3

How to place shortcut to Favorites in home folder

Post by JezekiljMonk »

Hello,

Hope this is the right place to place this question.

Using Master PDF Editor (free version 4 with all the options enabled) gives me no possibility to use all the links placed as Favorites in my Linuxmint 20.1. I read posts on Ask Ubuntu explaining that there is an issue here between applications using GTK-2 and GTK-3, so I am not trying to mess up with that.

Instead I would like a link in my home folder that would direct me to all the links already created in Favorites folder, location of which is unknown to me. Could somebody help me here?

Only other option is to again make all the links to folders and files, but I would try to avoid that one.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Re: How to place shortcut to Favorites in home folder

Post by Flemur »

JezekiljMonk wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:32 am Instead I would like a link in my home folder that would direct me to all the links already created in Favorites folder, location of which is unknown to me. Could somebody help me here?
I'm not sure what you're trying to do - what are "Favorites"? Favorite apps? Websites? File-browser locations? (called "bookmarks" here)

FWIW, I don't have any files or directories named "*favor*".
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
JezekiljMonk
Level 3
Level 3

Post by JezekiljMonk »

Favorites is new thing starting Linuxmint 20.1

https://blog.linuxmint.com/?m=202010

When Nemo is opened right-clicking on any file or folder it could be added to Favorites, than accessed in Nemo at the left side tree like home folder Downloads, Documents etc

Also at the bottom of the screen, at the right side of the panel there is star symbol where everything could be reached as well.

Still some applications open Nautilus File Manager, with just Computer and Home Folder icons. Then all the quick links in Favorites become invisible.
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Flemur »

JezekiljMonk wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:32 am Favorites is new thing starting Linuxmint 20.1
https://blog.linuxmint.com/?m=202010
Sound like a good idea! I don't have it on xfce, just 'bookmarks'.
When Nemo is opened right-clicking on any file or folder it could be added to Favorites, than accessed in Nemo at the left side tree like home folder Downloads, Documents etc

Also at the bottom of the screen, at the right side of the panel there is star symbol where everything could be reached as well.

Still some applications open Nautilus File Manager, with just Computer and Home Folder icons. Then all the quick links in Favorites become invisible.
It sounds like it might be a Nemo feature; would it solve the problem to make Nemo the default file manager, so Nautilus won't start? Hopefully?

Edit: to find a favorites file/settings, try in a terminal

Code: Select all

find $HOME -iname "*favor*" 
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?

Return to “Software & Applications”