Chromuim Keyring prompt driving me mad. April 18th 2021

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
max32
Level 2
Level 2

Chromuim Keyring prompt driving me mad. April 18th 2021

Post by max32 »

Hi i've been using Linux OS for sometime now since Karmic 9 or something. Its beyond how some people can get a clean download of Chromium and not get the keyring prompt begging and others do? Why is that? Surely its like something or someone trying to hack there way in? I realise Chromium is now in house so to speak but come-on I don't trust what's offered it just can't be right. All I've ever wanted is Chromium with google.co.uk as a home page from a clean download and it's like I've been waiting for many many years. The yahoo home page to me looked corrupted like it was a re-direct.
Please can you let me know one day when its OK to download without any problems.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Reddog1
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Chromuim Keyring prompt driving me mad. April 18th 2021

Post by Reddog1 »

Every time I've tried that it came back when Chrome updates, which is frequently. The only way to permanently rid myself of the nag was to remove keyring completely by deleting the contents of the .keyring folder and then removing gnome-keyring using Synaptic Package Manager. Nothing else worked for me, with either Mint 19 or Mint 20. As long as gnome-keyring was in my system I would be battling the chromium keyring log-in.
mikeflan
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Chromuim Keyring prompt driving me mad. April 18th 2021

Post by mikeflan »

Hi i've been using Linux OS for sometime now since Karmic 9 or something. Its beyond how some people can get a clean download of Chromium and not get the keyring prompt begging and others do? Why is that?
I don't know, but I am on who runs Chromium and has zero problems with Keyring. I run ver 89.0.4389.90 from the Software Manager. I am the first reviewer of Chromium:
https://community.linuxmint.com/softwar ... um-browser
Surely its like something or someone trying to hack there way in?
Surely it is not that. Highly unlikely.
Please can you let me know one day when its OK to download without any problems.
I'm not sure it will work for you, but it works great for me right now. If you are having problems with Keyring it may have more to do with Keyring than Chromium. Or maybe not.

Return to “Software & Applications”