Switch NVIDIA To AMD Mint

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
amjad
Level 1
Level 1

Switch NVIDIA To AMD Mint

Post by amjad »

Hello dear engineers

I just installed Linux Mint, my laptop is ASUS Zenbook 14 UM433 which has an AMD Ryzen 7 and NVIDIA processor and now it consumes a lot of power.

I want to disable one of these and only have one graphics card active so that it does not consume so much charge.

If you can, guide me so that my laptop does not burn !!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Switch NVIDIA To AMD Mint

Post by SMG »

amjad wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:21 amI want to disable one of these and only have one graphics card active so that it does not consume so much charge.
The ability to do that is going to depend upon the specifics of your computer's hardware and any graphics settings options in BIOS/UEFI.

Please give us information about your install by entering this command in a terminal: inxi -Fxxxrz
Click </> from the mini toolbar above the textbox where you type your reply and then place your cursor between the code markers and paste the results of the command between the code markers [code]Results[/code]. This will let us know how Mint sees your hardware.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Software & Applications”