Can't get the display in clone mode on the lightdm connection screen

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
orion666
Level 1
Level 1

Can't get the display in clone mode on the lightdm connection screen

Post by orion666 »

Hello i am on Linuxmint 20.1 with Lightdm login screen manager. I have two displays in mirror mode: 1 screen in vga and 1 video projector in hdmi. Mirror mode doesn''t work with the lightdm oginscreen manager but works fine after logging user.
I would want something like this when displaying the login screen manager >xrandr --output VGA1 --mode 1280x1024 --output HDMI2 --same-as VGA1
Currently there is some files in lightdm configuration and i tried to modify the slick-greeter.conf but nothing happened.
Here is the slick-greeter.conf : (i tried to modify only-on-monitor= HDMI1 or VGA1 and then it displays the login screen manager only on the VGA screen or HDMI screen. But i don't know how to displayon the same screen at same time. Thanks you for your help.
[greeter]
active-monitor=0
activate-numlock=0
show-ally=false
theme-name=Mint-X-Brown
icon-theme-name=hicolor
stretch-background-across-monitors=false
only-on-monitor=auto
background=/usr/share/backgrounds/LM20bleu
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Can't get the display in clone mode on the lightdm connection screen

Post by SMG »

You have not indicated what desktop you are using. Cinnamon has a Login Window app which permits some changes on Settings tab. Maybe there is an option there which will produce what you want.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.
orion666
Level 1
Level 1

Post by orion666 »

I am on Linuxmint 20.1 desktop xfce. I don't find any option to run the clone mode display on the login screen. I think you can do this only by editing a file in lightdm.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

Maybe someone with Xfce will be able to help you.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Software & Applications”