Hypnotix how to?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vaa
Level 1
Level 1

Hypnotix how to?

Post by vaa »

I saw a new very and interesting program in Linux Mint. This is hypnotix. But the channel list does not contain my country. I don´t now, how long time I will wait. And I don´t know how long time i will learn how to make .md file for my country. But I have experience in making playlists. I looked at ~/.hypnotics/providers/freetv and realized it was a file .m3u with some changes.
The first line of the channel description starts with #EXTINF:-1. Next are the parameters separated by spaces:
tvg-id="<id>"
tvg-name="<channel name>"
tvg-country="<country>"
tvg-language="<language>"
tvg-logo="<url for logo>"
group-title="Ukraine",<channel name>
The last parameter is required and cannot contain empty values.
The second line is the IP address of the channel.
Hypnotix uploads the channel logo to the directory ~/.hypnotics/providers/. If there is a description of the same channel, but without parameter tvg-logo, you can add a parameter in this form:
tvg-logo="~/hypnotix/providers/<logo file name>". It works.
If the icon is missing I could draw it or take ready movies.png, music.png or country flag. Unfortunately, I can't add my own icon to the channel button. Hypnotix continues to use the default icon. Why?
There is another question: how to add local files to Movies or Series?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
spamegg
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Hypnotix how to?

Post by spamegg »

Look here, it might be helpful https://github.com/linuxmint/hypnotix/issues
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Hypnotix how to?

Post by AndyMH »

Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0

Return to “Software & Applications”