<SOLVED>Alt+[key] function is missiong in libreoffice

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
zhengzhou
Level 1
Level 1

<SOLVED>Alt+[key] function is missiong in libreoffice

Post by zhengzhou »

Hello everyone. I use the default libreoffice installed in linux mint. In windows 10, I can press the alt key to activate the function in the tool bar in libreoffice and press the underlined charater of each function to get into the menu and then sub-menu. But in the recent linux mint, I found that this function is missing. Then I also installed WPS in linux mint, this alt+[key] function is usable in WPS. Is there a solution to this problem in libreoffice in MINT? Because WPS doesn't have the database components in libreoffice.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Alt+[key] function is missiong in libreoffice

Post by mikeflan »

Welcome to the forum.

It might just be you. Alt - F opens file and Alt - E opens Edit for me.
LO 6.0.7.3.
zhengzhou
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Alt+[key] function is missiong in libreoffice

Post by zhengzhou »

I found the solution now. I should choose the "standard toolbar" user interface in libreoffice. Then by pressing the alt key for 1 second, the shortcut letter for each tool bar function will appear with an underline. Or you can just remember the shortcut letter of each tool bar function, and press alt+the shortcut letter to access the tool bar function. But in other user interface options like tab or compact, libreoffice doesn't have this function.

Return to “Software & Applications”