[SOLVED] Smooth scolling in web apps -- how to turn off

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
osilverstone96
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] Smooth scolling in web apps -- how to turn off

Post by osilverstone96 »

In my Firefox settings I have smooth scrolling turned off since I'm using a trackpad and it really annoys me.

I've noticed though that this doesn't affect the settings in web apps which, despite being separate instances of Firefox, don't share these settings. Is there any way to change this so I can disable smooth scrolling?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
osilverstone96
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Smooth scolling in web apps -- how to turn off

Post by osilverstone96 »

Attachments
Screenshot at 2021-06-06 14-31-41.png
osilverstone96
Level 1
Level 1

Post by osilverstone96 »

I solved it; press alt to bring up the menu
dave0808
Level 5
Level 5

Post by dave0808 »

osilverstone96 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:30 am I've noticed though that this doesn't affect the settings in web apps which, despite being separate instances of Firefox, don't share these settings. Is there any way to change this so I can disable smooth scrolling?
I see that you've resolved the issue by finding out how to get to the settings, but think it's worth pointing out the following for any future readers.

As you note, Web Apps are "separate instances" of Firefox (or other browser). Specifically, they use separate profiles, and a new Web App will create a new profile which will have the default browser settings and no Add-Ons. What you change in one Web App (or your main Firefox) will not affect any other Web App (nor your main Firefox). Settings, or Add-Ons, that you want to use in a new Web App need to be applied explicitly.

Annoyingly for Firefox, there is no keyboard shortcut to get to the Setting page. So pressing Alt to bring up the menu bar is one option. Another option is to press Ctrl-Shit-A to open the Add-Ons page and in the bottom left corner, is a 'gear' icon to get to the settings.

Return to “Software & Applications”