(Solved) Installing Noia buttons on Firefox 89

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tajalli
Level 1
Level 1

(Solved) Installing Noia buttons on Firefox 89

Post by tajalli »

I am running Firefox 89 and want to install Noia buttons. It was straightforward on earlier versions but I have tried everything and can't get them installed on this latest iteration. I don't seem to be able to edit Aris-t2's latest NoiaButtons-Master/chrome/userChrome.css file properly. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Installing Noia buttons on Firefox 89

Post by karlchen »

Hello, tajalli.
I am running Firefox 89 and want to install Noia buttons
Are you talking about these NoiaButtons by Aris-t2, which way back in 2018, Aris-t2 first published on Github for Firefox versions 60 and above? Aris-t2/NoiaButtons

Seems as if Aris-t2 has updated the NoiaButtons, including the installation instruction, for Firefox 89.0. So you should definitely follow the most recent instruction by Arits-t2. Older instructions may no longer work for Firefox 89.0.

HTH,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline
tajalli
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Installing Noia buttons on Firefox 89

Post by tajalli »

Thanks for your reply Karl.
I have the latest Aris-t2 file from here: https://github.com/Aris-t2/NoiaButtons.
The downloaded zip file (found under the green Code button) extracts as NoiaButtons-master.zip and contains 3 folders for NoiaButtons CSS for Firefox 89+.
I somehow failed to copy the images folder into the chrome folder in my profile. When I realized my mistake and made the change, the Noia buttons appeared on my location bar, my tab bar and on my Customize page. There is no substitute for paying attention to what you are doing! And now I am off to make a donation to Aris-t2.

Return to “Software & Applications”