Serious login issue, strange drive behavior and more.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dener3id
Level 3
Level 3

Serious login issue, strange drive behavior and more.

Post by dener3id »

my issue is similar to this bu with 20.1 and cinnamon and can't login in terminal says wrong password and I'm typing in the Wright password, and cinnamon in software mode doesn't work either. I tried timeshift did nothing to help. Whats going on, is this ransomware? ok update i seem to be able to get into to it on tty5 only... no clue why but ok. but I've got an exstreanal drive that rather new acting funny in a way that seems to be more then just the drive acting up. there was never anything encrypted on it, a few days ago it had a thing that said something like "acsess your private date" on it and now when tested on another pc it's just a blank ext 4 file system.
viewtopic.php?t=261704
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dener3id
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Serious login issue, strange drive behavior and more.

Post by dener3id »

i managed to fix the main issue by cleaning up some thing and freeing up space and reinstalling cinnamon from tty. it has a gvfs-admin daemon prompt.
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Serious login issue, strange drive behavior and more.

Post by mikeflan »

Glad you got some resolution to this.
and now when tested on another pc it's just a blank ext 4 file system.
So it is no longer a blank disk.

I gather that the main problem might have been running out of / disk space. That can cause significant problems.

Return to “Software & Applications”