Severe issue with Nemo

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Menard
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Severe issue with Nemo

Post by Menard »

In fact I think that's me ! I consider that sometimes I forget that I let a file or a folder selected, then I scroll down, and I select a file with this bad habit to use ctrl+click instead of click ... so nothing is visible and then it is clear that what I describe follows...

The only question that remains is why I never had this with Windows explorer ? perhaps I have this bad habit with Nemo because the I cannot use the unselect feature I use on windows ... I don't remember how i do it, or no, I know the problem is that on windows unselection is too easy, it is their bug so ...
Linux Mint 20.3 Cinnamon - K 5.15 - Desktop - english
AMD APU A8 7600 - DDR3 1833 MHz 8 GB x2 Dual Channel
--

If you think tough men are dangerous, wait until you see what weak men are capable of.
Menard
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Menard »

mikeflan wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:31 pm
it is quite difficult to reproduce.
Not for me. It is very easy to reproduce. If another file in the directory is already selected, then ctrl+click shift+click always fails. If you change it to click shift+click then it always works.
That gave me the solution :D
--

If you think tough men are dangerous, wait until you see what weak men are capable of.
Menard
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Menard »

sebastjava wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:39 pm Done!
Bug report: https://github.com/linuxmint/nemo/issues/2773
Thanks, because it's right that it is a problem to fix, but it is not what I described, mine was a false issue in fact I understood I had bad habits and lack of attention sometimes, that lead to this, the issue is in fact huma, human attention fails after some hours on the keyboard ... :?
--

Larry78723
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Larry78723 »

Seeing as you've realized that the problem was your own operation of Nemo, please open your initial post, click on the pencil icon, and add (SOLVED) to the subject.
If you have found the solution to your initial post, please open your original post, click on the pencil, and add (Solved) to the Subject, it helps other users looking for help, and keeps the forum clean.

Return to “Software & Applications”