Firefox: sound randomly changing by itself

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
robert_ramos
Level 1
Level 1

Firefox: sound randomly changing by itself

Post by robert_ramos »

Hi.

I'm running a (pretty much) fresh install of Mint 20.1, and I've been dealing with this issue since first trying Mint last year. Here's a brief explanation of what I'm talking about:

Suppose I'm playing a video on YouTube. I adjust the playback volume on the video to be 50% (say). Once the video is over, after either replaying the current video or choosing another one, the playback volume randomly gets louder (to 70%, say). The strange part is that, if I simply click the volume slider on YouTube (I don't even need to slide it, just click it), the volume resets to the initial 50%. What causes this? I initially thought this was a problem with only Firefox and that Mint itself had nothing to do with it, but I don't think that might be it. I decided to keep the System Sound Settings window open on the background so I could check its Applications tab in real time. The volume slider corresponding to the Firefox tab which plays the video suddenly increases its playback volume whenever the issue I described earlier occurs. Does anyone have a solution to this? As I said before, Firefox is the only application I have which does this, but I don't remember it happening on Windows.

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
manyroads
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Firefox: sound randomly changing by itself

Post by manyroads »

Did you read the detailed documentation on the audio tools you are using? (You didn't post any installation details :shock: , making help there impossible :? ).

Try reviewing pulseaudio, alsa, whatever....
Pax vobiscum,
...mark
SwayWM, i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm
Professional Genealogist & Technologist
(http://eirenicon.org & http://many-roads.com)
robert_ramos
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Firefox: sound randomly changing by itself

Post by robert_ramos »

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I'm still a beginner on Linux, I don't really know how to do that. What commands should I run?

Return to “Software & Applications”