Email account disappeared.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
oldwierdal
Level 3
Level 3

Email account disappeared.

Post by oldwierdal »

A few days ago, my wife told me that her email account in Thunderbird just disappeared. I checked, and she was right. Her email account in Thunderbird was gone. Mine was there and fully functional, but hers was free electrons, floating about, unattached to anything earthly.
As it was late in the evening, I decided that I would try to fix this problem in the morning. However, next morning, her email account was present, ans seemed to be fully functional. However, my email account was now missing.
Since then, I have tried to recreate my email account, but no success. I was about to just completely reload Linux Mint 20.1, and see if that changed anything, but I have misplaced my LM 20.1 dvd, so I will have to download and re-burn another LM 20.1 install dvd.
And, just a few minutes ago, I discovered that email addressed to me is appearing in my wife's email as though it had been addressed to her, with nothing to distinguish her email from mine.
I know that I am aging, 78 is an age I never even considered reaching 40 years ago. But, here I am. And I've been using some version of Linux for nearly 20 years, now. And never have I seen anything like this! I am completely mystified!
Have I lost my marbles? Or could this actually happen?
Thanks in advance for any help anyone might offer with this.

Owa
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linux vobiscum! Et cum source-code, tuo!
gittiest personITW
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Email account disappeared.

Post by gittiest personITW »

Hi Al,
This might not be correct, but I'm thinking that the 'view' of Thunderbird is not the right setting for you.....
In Thunderbird, go to the View tab.

Make a note of the settings that are there in Toolbars / Layout / Folders / Sort by / Threads.

Try the following - this is what I have the settings as and it is quite straightforward to see multiple email address inbox, but it may not be what you like:

In Toolbars select : Menu toolbar, Menu bar, Folder Pane toolbar, Status bar
In Layout select: vertical view, Folder pane, Message pane,
In Folders select: Unified

Post back if this helps or not.

Return to “Software & Applications”