"Authentication is required to hibernate the system"

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
khaki45
Level 2
Level 2

"Authentication is required to hibernate the system"

Post by khaki45 »

Hello,
I finally managed to upgrade to 20.2 after having issues with the software manager. However, I've been feeling ever since that my power has been draining faster then normal. I then recently began notifying when my system is trying to suspend, it doesn't suspend and when I log back in it tells me that authentication is required to hibernate the system and it asks for a password.

I want my system to hibernate automatically without my input if I am gone for too long. How can I fix this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: "Authentication is required to hibernate the system"

Post by SMG »

khaki45 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:10 pmI then recently began notifying when my system is trying to suspend, it doesn't suspend and when I log back in it tells me that authentication is required to hibernate the system and it asks for a password.
Suspending is saving to RAM. Hibernating is saving to disk. Which is it that you want to do?

Is any part of your install encrypted? That might be a reason the system asks you for a password to hibernate.

Did you take a Timeshift snapshot before you upgraded to LM20.2? If so, there is the option to revert back to the snapshot and try the upgrade again. It might be that something happened while you were having issues with Software Manager.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Software & Applications”