Firefox 90 - is this a Mint requirement?(Solved)

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
galeforce
Level 3
Level 3

Firefox 90 - is this a Mint requirement?(Solved)

Post by galeforce »

Post in Mozillazine without a solution thinking this may be a Linux Mint Mate issue.
Normally in /edit/settings (formerly preferences)/Privacy & Security/Permissions/Warn You when websites try and install add-ons/exceptions -
The two mozilla urls indicated - it was able to delete these leaving the automatic process invalid.
It has been impossible to remove them and am thinking it may be a Mint thing.
So far FF90 is only installed in Linux Mint 19.3 and am holding back until there is more information.
Nothing from Mozilla so far either.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
"Digital commerce and finance require an honesty not evident in all humans and ignored by computers."
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Firefox 90 - is this a Mint requirement?

Post by karlchen »

Hello, galeforce.

I just went to hamburger icon Preferences Privacy & Security "Warn you when websites try to install add-ons".
Clicked on the button [Exceptions].
4 exceptions listed.
I can either mark each of the 4 exceptions separately and click on [Remove website] or
I can click on [Remove all websites] directly.

So what precisely does not work for you there?

By the way: Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon, Firefox 90.0.

Regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline
galeforce
Level 3
Level 3

Post by galeforce »

Using either remove website or remove all websites; after save changes and checking to see if removed they reappear.
This with either the menu bar /edit/settings/privacy & security or using the settings item in the hamburger.
You used preferences and this Mint Mate version uses settings - this is a new change was preferences for FF89.
Theme change does not appear to affect anything.
Also, only show 2 items not four but using the repo version not the flatpak.
Thanks
"Digital commerce and finance require an honesty not evident in all humans and ignored by computers."
galeforce
Level 3
Level 3

Post by galeforce »

Updated Linux Mint Mate 20.02 version Firefox 90, same problem, cannot remove same items.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

galeforce wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:09 am Using either remove website or remove all websites; after save changes and checking to see if removed they reappear.
This with either the menu bar /edit/settings/privacy & security or using the settings item in the hamburger.
You used preferences and this Mint Mate version uses settings - this is a new change was preferences for FF89.
Theme change does not appear to affect anything.
Also, only show 2 items not four but using the repo version not the flatpak.
Thanks

I disabled this in about:config
Enter privatebrowsing in the search field.
Toggle 'permissions.isolateBy.privateBrowsing' to false
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Post by AndyMH »

karlchen wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:12 am I just went to hamburger icon Preferences Privacy & Security
Okay, off topic, but how or what fonts did you use to generate the icon and arrows?
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0
senjoz
Level 5
Level 5

Post by senjoz »

AndyMH wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:44 am
karlchen wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:12 am I just went to hamburger icon Preferences Privacy & Security
Okay, off topic, but how or what fonts did you use to generate the icon and arrows?
Maybe next will reveal something: right mouse click - View Page Source, then Ctrl-f and search for hamburger.

Regards, Jože

EDIT: just practising
[fa]fa-align-justify[/fa]
[fa]fa-arrow-right[/fa]
[fa]fa-thermometer[/fa]
[fa]fa-umbrella[/fa]
Last edited by senjoz on Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Hello, AndyMH.

The answer to your question
AndyMH wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:44 amOkay, off topic, but how or what fonts did you use to generate the icon and arrows?
is simple: You go back to my post . You click on the icon (tooltip: Reply with quote). And you will have a copy of my post, including its bb-code and the not quite so sophisticated tricks, which were used, in composing it. :wink:
Or in brief words, the fa-codes from this webpage were used, old version 4.7: https://fontawesome.com/v4.7/cheatsheet/

Regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Post by AndyMH »

Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

It's a double-burger :D
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
galeforce
Level 3
Level 3

Post by galeforce »

@all41 - You're suggestion changing permissions.isolateBy.privateBrowsing boolean true to false appears to work
It was also suggested to clear permissions.manager.defaultsUrl at mozillazine.
Both appear to work on their own, one or the other so far.
A little concerned about clearing the default permissions if there may be other issues with this item in about:config.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Return to “Software & Applications”