Pix displays only thumbnails of images on network server

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Pheeble
Level 3
Level 3

Pix displays only thumbnails of images on network server

Post by Pheeble »

I'm running LInux Mint 20.1 XFCE. I have a Debian server on my home network where I store all of my documents, pictures, whatever.

When I open a folder on the server in Thunar via sftp I can browse the files without any problem

If I open an image from the same folder in Gimp the image displays at full size when the image display percentage is at 100%, exactly as I would expect.

When I try to open the same image in Pix it only displays a thumbnail view in the viewer, even though the display percentage shows 100%. If I copy the image from the network folder to my local computer where I'm running Pix, then Pix displays the image at full size, so it obviously isn't a problem with the image itself.

It seems that Pix fails when it loads an image from a network url.

Has anybody seen this before? Is this the way Pix is supposed to work, or is it a bug?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pheeble
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Pix displays only thumbnails of images on network server

Post by Pheeble »

This seems to be a known bug re viewing PNG images over a network: https://github.com/linuxmint/pix/issues/101
Pheeble
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Pix displays only thumbnails of images on network server

Post by Pheeble »

I have installed Xviewer from the standard repositories as a replacement for Pix.

Xviewer correctly displays PNG images from a network computer.

Return to “Software & Applications”