saving file in nemo...

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
donten
Level 4
Level 4

saving file in nemo...

Post by donten »

Upon saving a txt file from the txt editor , Nemo opens up with a duplicative list of files to choose from...right on top of the normal list of files in Nemo. confused? I then close it to remove the clutter :lol: , and then select the folder to save to.

Is there a setting to turn this extra file list off?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mikeflan
Level 16
Level 16

Re: saving file in nemo...

Post by mikeflan »

Upon saving a txt file from the txt editor , Nemo opens up
That is unusual behavior if you are saying that Nemo opens up automatically after saving a file in xed.
Can you post a screen shot of the duplicative list of files? Alt-Prnt Scrn will take a screen shot of a window. Then attach the file if it is less than 200 KB.
donten
Level 4
Level 4

Post by donten »

Pardon the late return!

This is what I was referring to...The strange window repeating the folders content.
vanadium
Level 4
Level 4

Post by vanadium »

What you see is not Nemo, but the GTK File Save dialog. That "duplicate list" is there to help quick completion of a file name based what is already present in the folder. However, I do not expect to see a complete list while there is already typed text in the name field. The expected behaviour is that the dropdown only appears as soon as you start typing something in the Name field. It displays items matching what you typed thus far. Backspacing all characters would be required to display all items in the folder. Not sure what is going on in your case, and if users of exactly the same Mint and Cinnamon version as you use can reproduce that.

Return to “Software & Applications”