error

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bmike1
Level 6
Level 6

error

Post by bmike1 »

I don't know where to put this so I'll put it here. I ran gparted the other day and I was creating like 5 partitions and it failed on the last partition. As I was inspecting the error report I noticed that all of the partitions had an error but they didn't stop the file system creation process. That error was the otion to create the 64 bit file system. Just a few minutes ago I was looking at the man page of mkfs (the program it said was giving the error) and of gparted and there is no option for creating a 64 bit file system.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
:)~Mikey~(:
bmike1
Level 6
Level 6

Re: error

Post by bmike1 »

I was wondering so I was looking for the GNU mkfs and there is no option to create an 64 bit fs. I looked up aix's man page and it does have the option to create a 64 bit file system. I can't find where to post this to GNU so I will leave it here in hopes someone here knows how to put it there. If someone knows how please tell us you've done it so they aren't innundated with repeated messages regarding this.
Larry78723
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Larry78723 »

If you need more than 4 primary partitions you need to use a gpt partition table or, if using an msdos partition table, create 3 primary partitions and an extended partition which you can place 2 additional primary partitions into.
If you have found the solution to your initial post, please open your original post, click on the pencil, and add (Solved) to the Subject, it helps other users looking for help, and keeps the forum clean.
bmike1
Level 6
Level 6

Post by bmike1 »

I found how to contact them......
bmike1
Level 6
Level 6

Post by bmike1 »