Solved- Firefox throws the browser offline

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Doug B
Level 2
Level 2

Solved- Firefox throws the browser offline

Post by Doug B »

In Firefox (latest version) changing pages throws the browser from online to offline.

Any idea why?

Thanks

Problem solved using tips to improve and speedup Linux Mint found here:

https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.c ... -mint.html
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Firefox throws the browser offline

Post by mikeflan »

changing pages
How do you change pages? Selecting another tab, or clicking on a URL link on the original page, or something else?
Doug B
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Doug B »

Changing pages is done a variety of ways, depending on the web site. The worst is Youtube. It takes forever for all those small pictures to load in. Same for any page in an online catalog.
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Post by AZgl1800 »

yup,
I have a Wireless ISP with speeds from 1 to 32 dn.

if I hit a page that has a hellicious amount of images, it takes forever to see all of the content.

IF,
I carry that Hotspot with me to a different location, where it can see 5G and 200M dn,
the pages load nearly "instantaneously"

"new page" is just "new content", no matter how you get there, I always open a New Tab by Double Clicking the Links to force a new tab dedicated to the new link.

I hate DuckDuckGo for that one simple fact.
Do a single Left click, and all of your search results are lost because it opens the 'new page' in the Current Tab...
whoever decided to make that decision should be shot and laid to rest under a grave stone. :cry:
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
Larry78723
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Larry78723 »

@Doug B - If you have found the solution to your initial post, Please open your original post, click on the pencil, and add (Solved) to the Subject.
If you have found the solution to your initial post, please open your original post, click on the pencil, and add (Solved) to the Subject, it helps other users looking for help, and keeps the forum clean.

Return to “Software & Applications”