GTK File Dialogs became greater than fullscreen

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kodintent
Level 1
Level 1

GTK File Dialogs became greater than fullscreen

Post by kodintent »

Hi.
I use some Julia scripts in Linux_64 i5g10 laptop. Some scripts include GTK dialogs. So this is a pretty niche issue.
In the last few months, the dialog size has changed from default fullscreen, to default being much bigger than fullscreen. Maybe 4xFS.
During a Julia session, changes to the dialog size are preserved, but not after resetting.
The reason it is a problem, is because some folders have many files and the list can go below the window - and scrolling wont bring the last files in the list up to the bottom of the visible window when the bottom of the dialog is far below the visible window.
This is a GTK default size file dialog called by GTK.jl, which is unofficially in 'maintenance mode'. So I think it may not be caused by changes to GTK.jl. And in the recent past it was fine.
I use the dialogs intermittently so i didnt note the update that caused the change sorry. Also it took a long file list for me to notice it. But it was in 2021.
Some of my scripts use TK dialogs and there has been no change with them.
Does anyone know about this? Has the dialog code been updated in ways that relate to this?
What I hope for is any default dialog to be restricted to the screen no matter what package calls it?
Thanks.
kodintent.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Software & Applications”