Chromium question

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bbse
Level 1
Level 1

Chromium question

Post by bbse »

every time I open chromium I get a Facebook settings page....or really, a popup that if I click on opens a FB settings page. I have looked and cannot figure out where this is coming from...using Mint 20.1, up to date. Mate 1.24
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Chromium question

Post by trytip »

bbse wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:05 am every time I open chromium I get a Facebook settings page....or really, a popup that if I click on opens a FB settings page. I have looked and cannot figure out where this is coming from...using Mint 20.1, up to date. Mate 1.24
you can set your browser to open any page when starting. most likely you were misled by facebook to make it your homepage. paste this in addressbar and figure out how you want your browser to open. this isn't a linux issue

Code: Select all

chrome://settings/defaultBrowser
also add a home button to your tab

Code: Select all

chrome://settings/appearance
Reddog1
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Reddog1 »

In Chromium, open the 3 dot menu, then Settings, scroll down to On Startup, check the dot 'Open a specific page or set of pages' and be sure only your preferred homepage is there (for example: https://www.duckduckgo.com)
bbse
Level 1
Level 1

Post by bbse »

I went into settings and changed all the settings back to standard/and to DDK as home page. that seems to have fixed it.thanks

Return to “Software & Applications”