No change in color of visited links in Firefox (Mint 20.2)

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ablebaker
Level 3
Level 3

No change in color of visited links in Firefox (Mint 20.2)

Post by ablebaker »

I've recently upgraded from Mint 19.3 to Mint 20.2 (Cinnamon). When I used Firefox in Mint 19.3, the color of visited web links shown in Startpage's search listings would change. Now, with Mint 20.2, the colors don't change. I should mention that I used Pjor's excellent Easy Linux Tips Project https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com to tweak the new installation of 20.2, so perhaps something there disabled the color change

What are the settings needed to have Firefox display a changed color of links visited?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JoeFootball
Level 13
Level 13

Re: No change in color of visited links in Firefox (Mint 20.2)

Post by JoeFootball »

ablebaker wrote: What are the settings needed to have Firefox display a changed color of links visited?
Settings > General > Language and Appearance > Fonts and Colors > Colors

Also note the "Override the colors specified by the page with your selections above" option.
ablebaker
Level 3
Level 3

Re: No change in color of visited links in Firefox (Mint 20.2)

Post by ablebaker »

Thank you for the helpful reply. Using those settings does change the color of visited links, but it also changes the color of web pages, so there's something else at work that wasn't present under Mint 19.3. I'm tempted to reset Firefox to see if previously visited sites are properly identified when using Firefox's default settings.

Return to “Software & Applications”