Chrome passwords locked

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
TroubledOne
Level 1
Level 1

Chrome passwords locked

Post by TroubledOne »

Earlier my keyboard decided to chuck a hissy and only typed k's. Due to this I entered my keyring password for Chrome incorrectly and got locked out.
I did a restart entered correct password for keyring and unlocked Chrome as usual. Logged back into Google successfully. Problem is my passwords aren't appearing in the chome menu (all my saved logins are not available).
"Chrome data in your account" shows a padlock next to Passwords but am unable to find any way to unlock it to regain access to my saved passwords.

If it helps this happened after I applied an update to Chrome in the update manager. Also seems to be specific to Mint. Android working fine, works fine on Win 10.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
TroubledOne
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Chrome passwords locked

Post by TroubledOne »

Ok I really need help here. Now everytime I start Chrome I need to login to Google and it tells me I am logging in from a new computer.
When logged in and I create a new login/password (as I had to here) Chrome offers to save the password, I say yes but it does not show in saved passwords on Mint. It does however show them on Android and my windows PC.

I've tried uninstalling chrome and reinstalling, my keyring password is working and no matter how much I google this there seems to be no solution.
Barring a fix for this, how do I completely remove chrome and all processes so I can do a completely fresh install.

Return to “Software & Applications”