Path not found

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
GELvdH
Level 5
Level 5

Path not found

Post by GELvdH »

OK, I have 3 systems, 2 desktops and a laptop. My desktops have a secondary drive which is partitioned into a Timeshift, Data and Free Space partition. My laptop has a Multi Card Reader in the expansion slot which has a Ram drive with the same partitioning as my desktops. All three have the Mount Options set to User Session Defaults. On the laptop the Data partition shows up as being mounted on startup, on the desktops it does not. I have a folder on the Data partition which contains all the different data from AceMoney and LibreOffice.
I used to use MEGA as my cloud storage to sync the data folder on the Data partition and it gave me the following error message on the two desktops 'Local Path Not Available'.
I use Wine for running AceMoney software, on the laptop it starts and works fine. On the desktops I have to go into Files, Devices, Data and the linked data file to have the Data partition mount. I tried to have the partition mount at startup but that did not work. Any help would be appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
GELvdH
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Path not found

Post by GELvdH »

Part 2 of the "Can't find the Folder on the Drive " saga.
This is my existing path on my desktop:
gunter@gunter-Desktop1:~$ echo $PATH
/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin
as I said before my Data partition on my second drive contains a folder with all the program data files. How can I set the path to include that area upon startup?

Return to “Software & Applications”