System Reports notification after logging out and logging back in later.[RESOLVED]

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Kester
Level 5
Level 5

System Reports notification after logging out and logging back in later.[RESOLVED]

Post by Kester »

Hi,

If I log out of my Linux Mint 20.2 XFCE account so my wife can log into her account, when I log back in System Reports adds an icon to the notifications bar in the form of a shopping bag with an exclamation mark. Hovering the mouse over the icon shows the message "Some system reports require your attention".

Invariably System Reports finds no problems and I have to right click the icon and select 'Exit' to remove it.

While this is no major problem, I do not understand why I get the notification when System Reports does not actually find anything that needs attention. Is it a bug in System reports, a program ambiguity or a setting problem in my system? Is it just something I need to live with for the time being?

I'd be grateful for comments and advice, thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mikeflan
Level 16
Level 16

Re: System Reports notification after logging out and logging back in later.

Post by mikeflan »

Please show us your system reports. Here is mine:
sysrpt.png
Kester
Level 5
Level 5

Re: System Reports notification after logging out and logging back in later.

Post by Kester »

Hi mikeflan,

Sorry I have been so slow to reply but as my original post was back in mid September your reply, the only one I received, came towards mid October, I had given up and not looked for a while.

Since my original post I recreated the issue several times by logging out and then back in but in the last week the issue has disappeared. I can only presume there was a minor bug which has been sorted in a recent update. I thought I'd better mark the thread as solved so I looked again for my original post today and found your reply. Obviously now I cannot reproduce the problem so cannot provide what you asked for as the issue no longer exists. The resolution was not due to any deliberate activity on my part yet, if it were a bug, I would have expected others to have reported it too.

Anyway all is normal now.
ksnip_20211017-114817.png
Thanks for your interest, cheers.

Return to “Software & Applications”