How do I install i386 Freetype Development Libraries?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
RobertX
Level 4
Level 4

How do I install i386 Freetype Development Libraries?

Post by RobertX »

I'm in the midst of compiling a Wine package from source, one that I need to function as 32-bit only and I have reached an impasse. I have successfully install the X Development Files, so not problem there. I just had the problem with the Freetype32

I need to install Freetype font library, obviously a i386. However, it seems that there are many missing dependencies and it would take a thousand years to find them all.

Lately, Wine has been rejecting DirectX games when launched when it was fine since the start of this year, so not very long.

I have tried to use the Wine repository in its official site and the Mint 20.2 variant. No dice.

To this end, I have decided to compile certain older versions. It's kind of like wresling with a live octopus in that you'll just end up all missed-up with ink.

Before you make smart remarks, I would implore that you don't. I can't run most of my games on VMs, and I don't want to revert to Windows, so the only recourse is to install an old version. I suspect that the up-to-date versions are tested but with discouraging results.

Thank you for all help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Software & Applications”