Root password SOLVED

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
frostymusic
Level 5
Level 5

Root password SOLVED

Post by frostymusic »

I had posted about VPN's I decided to go with NORD VPN. Could not connect to servers even with NORD's tech help. We went as far as looking for the root password to make changes...don't know why 1) not connecting 2) why go after the root password for what purpose?
Maybe a GUI software is not so complicated, Express VPN perhaps?? :cry:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Root password

Post by rene »

frostymusic wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:09 pm why go after the root password for what purpose?
We clearly couldn't tell you precisely without knowing what "NORD's tech help" wanted you to do but probably simply to e.g. install something. You use just sudo with your "normal" administrator password on Debian/Ubuntu/Mint. Prefixed to an individual command or for example as sudo -i to open a terminal as root from which you can work.

A root password as such is not set at all by default on Ubuntu/Mint and need not be for something such as configuring a VPN.
frostymusic
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Root password

Post by frostymusic »

Thanks, Rene
Seems my issue was with Payment method to Nord did not go through, hence the lack of connection ability
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Root password SOLVED

Post by rene »

OK. Good luck... feeling safer :)
frostymusic
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Root password SOLVED

Post by frostymusic »

Actually no, I had connections speeds to my closest server of 70mbps...no no no going to keep looking

Return to “Software & Applications”