DEJA DUP: backup fails

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Samambaia
Level 1
Level 1

DEJA DUP: backup fails

Post by Samambaia »

Hi,

Here is my story: I uses DEJA DUP for backup, with a 4 years' old TOSHIBA mechanical hard drive that gave me an error like:

Code: Select all

Abandonner après 5 tentatives. Error: Error opening file “/media/nicolas/SSD/sauvegarde20210903/duplicity-full.20210923T092406Z.vol1.difftar.gpg”: Input/output error
I read it could be due to a hardware problem (disc would be faulty), and brought a brand new 2T SDD hard drive. But, after 1st back up, the problem reappears. I then exclude a hard drive problem on Toshiba.

I format the SDD again, didn't check for encryption, made it as simple as possible, and now it says:

Code: Select all

Impossible de lire /home/nicolas/.cache/deja-dup/tmp/duplicity-0pirszde-tempdir/mktemp-176c1n1z-1 : (<class 'gzip.BadGzipFile'>, BadGzipFile("Not a gzipped file (b'\\xff\\xff')"), <traceback object at 0x7fa1873dc640>)
According to you, what could be the solution?

Thanks,
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Quinton McLeod
Level 1
Level 1

Re: DEJA DUP: backup fails

Post by Quinton McLeod »

Sounds like you're trying to restore your stuff from either (a) a bad drive or (b) a drive that doesn't have any such files to restore.

In other words, the problem exists between the keyboard and the chair.
If you give a man a fish -- he will have a fish.
Samambaia
Level 1
Level 1

Re: DEJA DUP: backup fails

Post by Samambaia »

Uhm... as a matter of fact, the error appears during backup, when backup make a self test of restoration (1st backup for the brand new SDD).

The first message appears, actually, during the monthly test of self test of restoration (on the mechanical TOSHIBA hard drive).

As the new SDD is new, I would eliminate a hard drive problem.

Any solution?

Return to “Software & Applications”