SOLVED: Software updates/apt applet missing from panel

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MikZ
Level 3
Level 3

Post by MikZ »

G'day peeps,

Somehow, the software update manager/apt applet is missing from my panel, on my Mint 20 Cinnamon system, the one that displays a shield with a tick when all my software is up-to-date. I certainly know how to add applets to the panel, but I don't know the name of the applet I need. I've searched the Applets manager for 'apt', 'software', 'update', 'manager' and just manually looked around to see if I can find it, but no joy, and websearching for 'Mint software update manager applet' just shows me pages telling me about applets in general.

What search term should I be using, to find and put back the software update applet?

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Software updates/apt applet missing from panel

Post by SMG »

Check this thread Small update icon in panel SOLVED as it sounds like the same issue.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.
MikZ
Level 3
Level 3

Post by MikZ »

So the Update Manager applet is actually part of an XApp Status Applet, which also contains the Bluetooth status and other icons. It had actually gotten moved to a hidden panel somehow. Once I moved it back to where I expected it, everything was cool and fruity.

Return to “Software & Applications”