Thunderbird changed from 12hr to 24hr time format [Solved]

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
marcia
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Thunderbird changed from 12hr to 24hr time format

Post by marcia »

Thank you so very much fstjohn! Your directions were very precise and easy for me to follow. Everything is the way I want it
and I have the 12hr am/pm back in the calendar.

Again, I appreciate your help!

Sincerely,
marcia
happnatious1
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Thunderbird changed from 12hr to 24hr time format

Post by happnatious1 »

fstjohn wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:34 pm
marcia wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:22 pm Hi Everyone,

There is a fix, and the link is: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1353353 and especially this link: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cu ... hunderbird. The problem for me is that I do not know exactly how to do this step by step so it returns to the 12hr am/pm as before. If anyone can help, I would be very grateful.

Sincerely,
marcia
The instructions are difficult to follow, at least for me. However I've managed to get the 12-hour time format working. Here's what I did. I don't know if I did it the right way, but at least it works. I assume you're in the US and want the 12 hour display.

(1) In Thunderbird, Edit>Preferences.
(2) Search for time (Box "Find in Preferences")
(3) Date and Time Formatting is displayed.
(4) Choose Regional Settings locale:English (United States)
(5) Go back to General preferences.
(6) Scroll all the way to the bottom and select Config Editor
(7) In the search box of the Config Editor enter (cut/paste) intl.date_time.pattern_override.time_short
(8) In the resulting box,select String and click +
(9) Enter hh:mmbbbb and click the check box
(10)Restart Thunderbird and check for correct time display of message times . Check the calendar, too.
Unfortunately this didn't work for me. I ended up with just the day showing on my calendar. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction though.
Ended up leaving regional settings alone and entering h:mm in for intl.date_time.pattern_override.time_short.
Why on earth would someone at Mozilla feel the need to "fix" this? There are also new edit dialogs popping up that just add additional clicks when trying to edit a calendar event. :x

Return to “Software & Applications”