My Desk top, Dell Insprion 660 64 bit

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
NTxLSdon3
Level 2
Level 2

My Desk top, Dell Insprion 660 64 bit

Post by NTxLSdon3 »

Greetings from the "GREAT" country of "TEXAS" in
US of A

Am a Journeyman Electronics Techy with over seventy five (75) years of experience. Started working with Data General Main Frame computers in Fortran about 1974 and, well we need to leave it there and finish with the following. Just the high-lights, This system beings used now is on a Dell Lap Top Inspiron 1564 64bit. I was hacked by a scammer in Feb. of this year on my Desk Top and needed to get to a different O/S ASAP! My choice was your LMC v 19.2 and has taken me several months to get where I can work with it. NOT a programmer nor any other professionally trained user, completely self taught. Have been on the NET since about 1984 or 5 surfing using TCP/IP [using Unix Cmd Line] to go to different locations, worked for DoD US Air Force as Tech Support for our PMEL (Precision Measurement Laboratory) where items are Calibrated and certified accurate. Plus managed a separate computer system O/S BTOS (Bourous Task Operating System) doing all the networking, some over telephone lines and maintaining that system for the Air Force. NOT trained on how to use it, just here it is do it. And it took me about a month to have it fully functional and keeping records of over $75 million dollars worth of equipment, repair and calibration. Still only "self-taught" and started before Microsoft had created Windows and the World Wide Web (www) had been created.

I had downloaded a copy of Linux Mint Cinnamon "Tina" v19.2 and installed it on a Dell Inspiron 660 64 bit/w 550Gig H/D, very fast and efficient. Upgraded to v 19.3 and WOW! loved it. Then one day when accessing the web it asked for a "KEY" password that I had not created and still is wanting it. That is when I started working with my laptop, this system being used to give this message. With my desktop my 'Status Bar' is at the top of the window, cannot do that with my laptop, even have all the same settings as my DskTp. Is there a way to use the "Password & Keys" software to over write that non-existent password it is asking for? Have been so busy learning this system have not done any backups.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
'd' aka NTxLSdon3 "LoneWanderer" & "StarSeed"
Join us/U.S. live life as "ONE!"
Happy Thoughts & Wonderful Manifestations to all...

Return to “Software & Applications”