Exact Audio Copy v1.6

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
janivee
Level 2
Level 2

Exact Audio Copy v1.6

Post by janivee »

EAC seems to work fine with Mint 20.2. using Wine (ripping, compressing and cddb). https://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

I used Lutris to set up everything and Winetricks to install needed goods (dotnet20, wine-mono). My Wine is 6.19. Prefix 64-bit.

In my system Fre:ac is the fastest and Ripper X loudest, for some reason. EAC is the slowest, but with the best logs.
Some say that EAC will get the best result with bad cds.

Happy ripping with good logs! Quality is probably same as with Ripper X and Fre:ac.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Exact Audio Copy v1.6

Post by Hoser Rob »

Yes, EAC is better with bad CDs because it will retry bad sectors, which is not foolproof but better than most rippers. AFAIK it's really the only thing that distinguishes it.

Not having bothered with optical disks for a while, I can't say what if any native Linux disk rippers will also do retries but I'd be surprised if none did.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken

Return to “Software & Applications”