[CLOSED] Apps don't pick up on OS language

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ineuw
Level 5
Level 5

[CLOSED] Apps don't pick up on OS language

Post by ineuw »

Installed a French version Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.2, and then downloaded and installed the French version of LibreOffice from the https://fr.libreoffice.org/download/tel ... breoffice/ francophone website. In the admin account everything is in French, but in the user account, which is also French, the same copy of LibreOffice base interface language is US English and it won't let me change the interface language.

My French is too weak to post this in French on the LibreOffice site, so I am hoping for someone who could tell me if it's LMC or LO issue and what should be looked at?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Desktop: Linux Mint Cinnamon 21.3 English Edge - Desktop: Linux Mint Cinnamon 21.3 French
Laptop: Linux Mint Cinnamon 21.3 English - as of 24-04-15
ineuw
Level 5
Level 5

Re: [CLOSED] Apps don't pick up on OS language

Post by ineuw »

My original reply was only partially correct. There is only a single en-US release and the various language packs must be installed separately. In my case, it changed to French everywhere I checked.
Desktop: Linux Mint Cinnamon 21.3 English Edge - Desktop: Linux Mint Cinnamon 21.3 French
Laptop: Linux Mint Cinnamon 21.3 English - as of 24-04-15

Return to “Software & Applications”