tvtime choppy sound

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kuifje09
Level 3
Level 3

tvtime choppy sound

Post by kuifje09 »

After using tvtime a whole lot of years, still using it. but there is a strange issue for a week or so now.

When using tvtime, after startup , sound is fine, but after a while it starts to be choppy,, then it goes to normal, then choopy and so on.

In the first place I thought it had to do whith bluetooth, but thats not the case, or must be some underlaying issue whith tvtime and bluetooth.

When listening to sound from tvtime and youtube, using bluetooth or not, ( but bluetooth is installed and can be used ) sound from
tvtime get choppy more or less, in a little time. goes away when tvtime is restarted and becomes choppy on/off and so on.

All that time, the sound from let say, youtube is fine, all the time !.

Anybody had this too, and want to share the solution?

I tried the things about the prio and tsched as found on this forum, but that makes no fifference.
( the rtprio was fine already, and tsched did not fix or worsen things )

Also , I am pretty sure some upgrade did brake things... It worked always very fine.....
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kuifje09
Level 3
Level 3

Re: tvtime choppy sound

Post by kuifje09 »

Just got a new kernel, but did not solve the issue.

Still 3 to 30 sec's choppy, then same time not choppy, and that will go on that way.
Yesterdat at some moment the choppy went away? had some hope it was solved in an unknown way ;)
But it is still there,... And I see on the forum there are a lot of audio issues....

I hope it will be fixed soon, this way it is unusable.
kuifje09
Level 3
Level 3

Re: tvtime choppy sound

Post by kuifje09 »

No luck , no fix ?

Just found when the sound starts to be choppy, I can mut the sound with the middle mouse-click.
Then unmute atonce with a middle mouse click, and.. sound is fine for a while.

If not, I have to wait for the normal sound to reappear on its own, which is a looping issue...
A click is instand recovery.

This has to be repeated then..... Very unpleasant.

Return to “Software & Applications”