Xreader: Previous Page / Next Page shortcuts don't work

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
laptopper
Level 1
Level 1

Xreader: Previous Page / Next Page shortcuts don't work

Post by laptopper »

In Xreader 2.8.3, the Previous page (Ctrl + Page Up) and Next Page (Ctrl + Page Down) shortcuts aren't working: i.e no movement at all. They worked on a previous laptop (Dell Latitude 5530) but not the current one (Lenovo G500). Other shortcuts such as Ctrl + Home and Ctrl + End are working as expected.

I notice also that there is no ~/.config/xreader/accels file for Xreader (which contains the keyboard bindings) but there was on the previous laptop (where the Previous/Next Page shortcuts worked); is this relevant? Or perhaps there is some issue with the Ctrl key (which is working fine for other Apps)?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Xreader: Previous Page / Next Page shortcuts don't work

Post by mikeflan »

I don't know what your problem is, but my xreader 2.4.4 works correctly. Previous page (Ctrl + Page Up) and Next Page (Ctrl + Page Down) shortcuts work fine. And there is a ~/.config/xreader/accels file.
ugly
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ugly »

laptopper wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:58 pm In Xreader 2.8.3, the Previous page (Ctrl + Page Up) and Next Page (Ctrl + Page Down) shortcuts aren't working: i.e no movement at all. They worked on a previous laptop (Dell Latitude 5530) but not the current one (Lenovo G500). Other shortcuts such as Ctrl + Home and Ctrl + End are working as expected.
I think the next and previous page shortcuts only work when you are in the Page View (Ctrl+2)
laptopper
Level 1
Level 1

Post by laptopper »

Sorry, my mistake. There are two PgUp / PgDn buttons on the Lenovo keyboard; I was pressing the wrong ones. Case solved. But still no ~/.config/xreader/accels file.
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Post by mikeflan »

Is there an accels file on the previous laptop (Dell Latitude 5530)?
Where did you get Xreader 2.8.3 from? Others in this forum might be able to test it for you in a VM.
laptopper
Level 1
Level 1

Post by laptopper »

mikeflan wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:19 am Is there an accels file on the previous laptop (Dell Latitude 5530)?
Yes there was. I distinctly remember looking at it to change the PageUp / PageDn behaviour. But now having reinstalled LM from a USB stick (on the same machine), I notice that the Xreader accels file is no longer there (in /home/user-1/.config). Which begs the question: how did the accels file appear in the previous install?
mikeflan wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:19 am Where did you get Xreader 2.8.3 from? Others in this forum might be able to test it for you in a VM.
It came with the standard installation (from the official LM website). I am using a bootable USB stick (a few months old). Subsequently I uninstalled Xreader, then reinstalled it using the software manager, but still no accels file has appeared.
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Post by mikeflan »

Maybe somebody broke that while fixing something else??

I really like that whole-page scroll up and down. It's easier to peruse a whole document quickly. Okular is my default PDF viewer. So I went into the Okular manual and see they use vim-like navigation keys, namely H to move to the top of the previous page and L to move to the top of the next page. And you don't have to be in a full page view for it to work. I plan to use that.
https://docs.kde.org/stable5/en/okular/ ... ating.html

Return to “Software & Applications”