Various File Manager Problems.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jjacob321
Level 1
Level 1

Various File Manager Problems.

Post by jjacob321 »

Using Linux Mint 20.1 Ulyssa Cinnamon and have noticed various problems with file explorer.

Problem 1: I run a lot of scripts that perform image analysis and save the results as new images. When I navigate to the folder(s) where the images are stored the thumbs usually don't load. If I go up a level and then back into the folder then they load. There typically aren't many files in these folders (5-15). It's frustrating having to do this a hundred times per day.

Problem 2: If one of said directories is deleted when I'm in it, I get a pop up warning instead of the manager/navigator just moving up a level. This is annoying, because I have to click okay on boxes that AFAIK don't really serve a purpose.

Problem 3: File navigation simply crashes intermittently. I could be navigating between folders or simply just overwriting the data in a folder when it closes randomly and I have to navigate back from home. This happens a couple of time per hour and apparently some variety of this behaviour has been an issue for a decade at least (https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1889611).
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Various File Manager Problems.

Post by SMG »

jjacob321 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:02 pm Using Linux Mint 20.1 Ulyssa Cinnamon and have noticed various problems with file explorer.
What "file explorer" are you using?

The default with Mint Cinnamon is Nemo, but your link in Problem 3 references pcmanfm.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Software & Applications”