Help to install Signal-cli

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
monchito
Level 1
Level 1

Help to install Signal-cli

Post by monchito »

Hi all,

I'm trying to use signal-cli: https://github.com/AsamK/signal-cli

But i'm stuck with this

Code: Select all

signal-cli -u +<number> register

Code: Select all

WARN ServiceConfig - Failed to call libsignal-client: /tmp/resource2456081240763878777.so: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found (required by /tmp/resource2456081240763878777.so)
Missing required native library dependency: libsignal-client
To fix i try to install gradle, but i get lost. Some can throw me a rope.

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dave0808
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Help to install Signal-cli

Post by dave0808 »

You do not need to install gradle, this would only be required if you want to compile the code yourself.

The error says that you do not have libsignal-client installed on your system. The github link that you included shows how you can download it, because it's not available by default in Mint 20 (I have searched the package repository for "libsignal" and "libsignal-client" is not listed).

However, given that Signal is a secure messaging platform, do you really want to trust an unofficial client? If you need it for the command line interface to send/receive messages, then feel free to ignore this point. :D

If you just want access from your PC, the official client's installation instructions are at https://signal.org/download/linux/
monchito
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Help to install Signal-cli

Post by monchito »

dave0808 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:30 am However, given that Signal is a secure messaging platform, do you really want to trust an unofficial client? If you need it for the command line interface to send/receive messages, then feel free to ignore this point.
Men, thanks for reply , i searching information about security on signal-cli and i not found something interesting, maybe you are right.

I really glad to use signal in CLI interface, but i conform with the desktop version.

Thanks.

Return to “Software & Applications”