Online Accounts only has the giants.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
GuruSR
Level 1
Level 1

Online Accounts only has the giants.

Post by GuruSR »

I do like the fact that Google, M$, etc, are there, even IMAP and SMTP, but what happened to CalDAV and CardDAV for those who don't want to be hooked to one of the giants just for something you could easily run on a linux project box like a Raspberry Pi (it is what I have, love it, works great, Calendar and Contacts off of Google), but sadly, the only way I can see my calendars or contacts are in Thunderbird, so no appointment notifications at all, unless I run Thunderbird. Can someone think about this and possibly offer CalDAV and CardDAV for the next update to Online Accounts please? I think it would be nice to be beyond the giants, since Linux is all about freedom to choose away from them, why can't we choose CalDAV and CardDAV servers other than Google, M$, etc?

GuruSR.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
t42
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Online Accounts only has the giants.

Post by t42 »

It's a Gnome app. According to Why is my account type not on the list? you can try here and
Projects/GnomeOnlineAccounts
-=t42=-

Return to “Software & Applications”