mailprog issues mainly evolution..

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Noal
Level 2
Level 2

mailprog issues mainly evolution..

Post by Noal »

iam getting used to linux mailprogs, since iam using linux as mainOS for a while now,iam normaly using a win10VM with theBat! and a heavy junkfilter.
i get in 3 days about 14 800 mails, 96% junk, the others are business, i have about 55 mailaccs, mostly split into platform etc, iam used to have a junkfilter with more then 1k settings, and 2k rules, all my mails are sorted into folder and subfolder and even more subfolder, (example, inbox/amazon/sales/send)

my mainissues with linux mailprogs is, they cant handle it..and somebody from a large company said,use evolution, well i tried,its fine,it can handle many accs,many mails,no prop
but it cannot handle spam,the filtering is a pain,i cannot get a useful filteringsystem to run, i have to handpick every mail, (ex. not every amazon mail is from amazon,its called fishing.. i demand crosscheck with the usual amazon urls) not possible,atleast from what i can see.iam open for ideas

next and even worse issue, subfolder, it all depends to the mail, but some of my mails have 6-10 deep subfolder, in evolution i cannot even make one in a infolder, even if i make one,and try to drag it inside..nope, make a folder -sorted- is fine,then sup something,no. drag a folder in..no.
i might miss a option there, but i need my mailboxes with the mailsorted,and junk removed.

i tried thunderbird aswell, yes it can some things, but it is unable to learn junk, even if you select,learn..it doesnt, i tried several junkfilter there *sniper..etc
the handling is annoying, and it cant pick short words and mixed letters like BCT just because its not BTC.. try to filter that,and half of your real mail gets tossed,because of the letters BCT like in "BeCause The" ... just as example.

i dont expect mail to be perfect,it took me a couple weeks to get the junkaddon from the bat running well, and right now,i get all mails 3 times, 1.the bat,which i trust. once thunderbird which i dont trust,and which makes bad misstakes,and has a horible layout. and evolution, which i try to understand,but which doesnt understand me {no subfolder,why would you...} yes sorry, working mainly from a pc,and using mail for much more then just gaming,can be a b...

iam up for solutions, or suggestions. even a link to a useful guide for the named issues, is welcome,i tried to google but get only nonsense.or outdated stuff.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mint Mate 21 (kernel 6.2)
16/32 core, 128 GB ram, 3 M.2 2-8 TB, 7 SSD 2-8 TB, 3HDD 16 TB (adapter), 1Gb dsl, pcloud 54tb

Return to “Software & Applications”