[SOLVED] AirPlay and Roku Casting Apps

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
parkernathan
Level 3
Level 3

[SOLVED] AirPlay and Roku Casting Apps

Post by parkernathan »

I've installed Linux Mint Uma Cinnamon edition on my older 2011 iMac. On my Mac, I occasionally need to AirPlay audio or video files to my office or living room Apple TVs. Is there a comparable solution to be able to do this on Linux? I'll likely be using Celluoid and Rhythmbox mostly, so plugins that would work with these would be ideal.

Eventually, I plan to probably replace the Apple TVs with Roku streamers. What would I need to pivot to in order to cast media from Celluoid and Rhythmbox to a Roku device?

Additionally, occasionally I need to share my iPhone's screen on my Mac's screen during a live webinar I teach or for screen recording. I've been using Reflector (I believe macOS Mojave finally built it in). What is an alternative for Linux?

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Nathan Parker
parkernathan
Level 3
Level 3

Re: AirPlay and Roku Casting Apps

Post by parkernathan »

Anyone have any insights on this?
Nathan Parker
parkernathan
Level 3
Level 3

Re: [SOLVED] AirPlay and Roku Casting Apps

Post by parkernathan »

Switching to Pop!_OS as my Linux distro, so I can ask System76 Support (since I'll own one of their machines).
Nathan Parker

Return to “Software & Applications”