[SOLVED] Modules question

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Theogtm
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] Modules question

Post by Theogtm »

I noticed some of these module folders in /lib/modules are quite old, I have limited storage space so can I just delete the old ones? Or I need to do something before.
Attachments
Captura de tela de 2021-12-05 14-20-26.png
Captura de tela de 2021-12-05 14-20-26.png (7.7 KiB) Viewed 627 times
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
spamegg
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Modules question

Post by spamegg »

You can go to Update Manager/Edit/Preferences/Automation and enable removing kernels:
kernels.png
I wouldn't mess with those files manually, let the Manager take care of it.
Theogtm
Level 1
Level 1

Re: [SOLVED] Modules question

Post by Theogtm »

ok thanks
Qapla
Level 2
Level 2
Location: San Francisco, 6,437 meters SouthEast of the future home of Starfleet Academy

Re: Modules question

Post by Qapla »

spamegg wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:56 pm I wouldn't mess with those files manually, let the Manager take care of it.
Yes, what he said ... but AFTER the Manager runs you should go look at /lib/modules/ again for the kernels which were removed. Sometimes there are other files in the modules folders that are not deleted - and you do have to manually remove the folder. For example, I have VirtualBox in my system. It adds code to the kernel's folder that is not removed by the Manager. Then the folder is not deleted.
Qapla' - Success! (Klingon salutation on departure to battle)

Return to “Software & Applications”